Thursday 7 May 2009

Portfolio Viewing - Music

I went to visit Music yesterday (6/5/2009). I had previously arranged through emails to visit Anthony at 1pm. I gave myself enough time to get there early and some extra time in case i got lost. I found that i needed this extra time as a lot of the roads near by were closed due to roadworks and there were no diversions set up in place, this was annoying.

I eventually got there with 5Min's to spare. I buzzed into the building and up to the 2nd floor where Music is situated. Anthony greeted me and i took a seat on the leather sofa's while he saved his work. Whilst i was waiting i had a good look round from where i was sat. I really liked the layout of the studio, it was very modern and just the right size. There was a large bookcase full of interesting books to do with everything to do with graphics, i also noticed there was a 'Grafik' magazine on the table in front of me.

Anthony came back over and took a seat next to me.We went through my portfolio and i explained what was required from each brief and how i came to my final solutions. Anthony said he really liked my work which made me feel more confident about myself. He seemed to take a great interest in my typeface i created out of twigs, which i liked. He offered me a few tips on making my portfolio, he said to possibly make it a little larger as this would emphasize my work further, and also to leave a little bit more room next time when binding so the content isn't so close to the bind. I agree with both suggestions as i thought of them myself after making my portfolio.

He also asked me some questions and we talked about his lecture he gave to us just a few months before. He asked me what type of graphic design companies would i like to work for and i gave him the honest answer that i didn't know and that is why its important to go and visit lost of different types of company. He said that it is a wise idea and will help me with the process.
I then thanked Anthony for having the time to see me, and he asked me to keep in touch and recommended a few websites that i might be interested in.

Overall the viewing went really well and has made me think that i definitely do want to be in this career. I will be arranging to meet with a few more companies to help improve my confidence and boost my enthusiasm.

No comments: