Thursday 7 May 2009

Portfolio Viewing - Flame Digital

Today (7/05/2009) i went to Manchester to visit Flame digital, a graphic design agency based in Manchester. I had previously arranged through emails to meet Jon at 4pm. When i arrived there i was surprised to find that Jon wasn't actually in the office due to a last minute meeting. But the receptionist kindly introduced me to another designer called Ian. He then offered to see me and look through my portfolio with me and give me some advice. This was very nice of him as he explained they had been very busy the last couple of weeks.

I took a seat on the sofa's as he just finished off some work. The studio was very like Music's, i even think they had the same bookcase! Again it was filled with lots of books and magazines all to do with graphics ect.

Ian then came over and we went through my portfolio. He was impressed with my work and said i was very creative. He suggest that i should experiment more with my portfolio and make it less traditional and more unusual. He said there was nothing wrong with the way it was now but would look better if it was more creative as my work was along the same style. I agree with his comment and will experiment more and see if i can improve it. He also liked my Identity breif for the coal mining museum and said that my bags i produced were a brilliant idea. I was happy with this as i really loved created and designing my bags.

Having another portfolio visit really made me feel better with my work and if i push myself i can create really good ideas. Ian said to keep in touch and he would like to see my portfolio again when i have re arraged it.

Again i was happy with how the viewing went, especially as Ian made the time to see me last minute as Jon had to rush off

I thanked Ian and then left.

No comments: