Thursday 29 January 2009

Crisis Brief

One of our recent briefs we were given was one for the homeless help charity 'Crisis'.
The aim was to come up with direct mail that will attract people to wanting to help the charity Crisis, by donating money each week.

I had a few ideas but my final one originated from one of my first ideas of sending a piece of old blanket, used by a child through the door of the client.
I then developed it to being covered in mud and dirt and having the words ' Comfort Blanket' handwritten on one side. This was to attract the attention of the client after seeing a dirty child's comfort blanket on the floor with their post. after creating two comfort blankets i had the idea of using a stuffed toy as well as a blanket, i chose a stuffed Rat. It was originally my dogs toy so was already chewed up and dirty and scruffy looking. I then put them both in plastic clear bags to they wouldnt dirty the clients house and stuck a card in there with the details of crisis. I think they both worked well as it would shock you to think a child would be using that blanket and playing with that toy if they really were homeless.

As you can see on the photo below, the Rat was stolen off the wall at college so it is missing.

No comments: